Tuesday 21 April 2009

Evaluation

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

My media product relates to numerous conventions of a real media product. This is conveyed through the use of mystery. The opening of my film is in a dark room with an unknown man in a chair beaten up. I have done the opening my film like this so the audience start thinking and wondering who this man is. This adds mystery and leaves the audience wanting more directors use this technique to make the audience carry on watching this makes my piece relate to real media products. Another convention I have used is fast paced running and chases I have emphasised this through the use of fast paced music. This is a technique used within films to help bring a film to life. The opening to my thriller also conations a protagonist this is a convention of a real thriller and helps to make the film seem like a real production. Another convention I have used is the use of cliff hangers, the opening of the film helps to make the audience think this is typical of a real production and incises the audience to keep watching.

How does your media product represent particular social groups?

My media product is aimed at an age group of 16 – 25 these people may be able to understand the actors more due to the similar age range. The media product relates to a thug, crime culture presenting a lower social class group presenting how violence is used now days to resolve problems. Mise en scene helps to portray this image through the use of costume, what people wear now days and how people are stereo typically labelled as a certain group or genre this stereotype also labels how people act, for example in this piece the villains are portrayed to be violent through the use of costume and clothing. The main item of clothing I have used to emphasise this is a hooded top (‘hoodie’) this is stereo typically an item of clothing that a thug or someone committing crimes might wear to hide their identity. Within society people tend to be wary of people that dress this way because they think that they might cause trouble.

























What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?



Warp X is a distribution that works with companies like EM media, these kinds of companies need to make the films as low budget as possible. Warp X might distribute my kind of media product because I am trying to keep my production as low budget as possible and use methods to make it look like a high value production. This is Warp X’s key method of producing media products. ‘Warp X harnesses cutting edge digital technology and low budget production methods to make high value movies that can reach cinema audiences across the world’.

I would use universal pictures to distribute my film. I would use this distribution company because they distributed the borne sequel and there was alot of sucess with these. Although it would be very costly to use a distribution comapyn of this size as my thriller is a low budget production.

























Who would be the audience for your media product?



My media product would appeal to a wide audience. It would mainly appeal to a younger adult audience and late teens around 16 – 25. I have done research in to this using a questionnaire to back up this it is posted on my blog. My media product would also appeal to an audience who are in to the genre of thriller. I asked 20 people from different age groups what kind of thrillers they liked and what films they liked the most. Most out of the 15 – 18 age group and the 18 – 30 liked Batman best I took this in to consideration and tried to include some of Christopher Nolan’s techniques used in films like Batman within my product, for example a technique I used was using darkness to my advantage to add mystery and suspense.





















How did you attract/address your audience?

I made my film attract and address a younger adult audience because I wanted to put violence and fast paced chases in to it. This wouldn’t have been as suitable for an old audience or a young audience. I made the thriller like it is because I incorporated all the things that a young audience like in a fast paced thriller. I included techniques to incise the age group I was aiming for I included a chase scene with fast paced music that I had made using music software to make the piece come to life and seem more realistic, the age group I was targeting will like this because it relates to films like Batman which that age group like in a thriller.



What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

I have learnt how easy it is for anyone to get hold of the software to edit films in the way we have done it. I can now see that it is easy for anyone to start making movies. I have learnt how to film properly and edit footage in a professional way with the software provided. I found it quite hard to get the hang of editing at the beginning during the preliminary task, after messing around with it for a while and learning what things do I picked it up quite easily and found editing my footage easier than I thought I would have. I hit a few snags when editing and had overcome some problems but found it came together in the end. I can now see how much work would go in to making a Hollywood production and how much time it would take to get the footage perfect.
























Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

I have learnt a lot more from the final piece than I did from the preliminary task this is because I did the final piece by myself so I had to do everything. I am glad I did it this way because I got to learn new skills that I may not have learnt if I was doing it in a group. If I worked in a group I don’t think I would have grasped the project as well as I have done, working by myself required a lot more effort but I think it has done a lot of good for my production.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home